"*" indicates required fields
We are currently seeking hardworking and physically fit individuals for the position of Roughneck for our HDD rig. As a Roughneck, you will be responsible for performing a variety of manual labor tasks associated with the drilling and maintenance. This is a physically demanding job that requires the ability to lift heavy objects, work in confined spaces, and be exposed to extreme weather conditions. Prior experience in the oil and gas industry is preferred but not required. Successful candidates must be able to pass a physical examination and drug test.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the driller with setting up and operating the drilling rig.
- Handle and move drill pipe, casing, tubing, and other equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance on the rig and equipment.
- Help clean and maintain the work area.
- Assist in rigging up and down the drill site.
- Signal the driller when to start and stop the drill.
- Keep a lookout for potential hazards.
- Help load and unload supplies.
- Do whatever else is needed to help the operation run smoothly.
Skills and Qualifications and Safety Tickets
- At least 18 years of age
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen check.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Physical ability to lift at least 50 pounds, climb ladders, and work in confined spaces.
- Previous experience working on an HDD rig or in the oil and gas industry.
- Mechanical aptitude and experience with hand and power tools
- First Aid/CPR certification
- H2S Alive certification
- Ground Disturbance Level 2 Supervisory
- Fall Pro
- Confined Space
- PCST (Pipeline Construction Safety Training)