Heavy Duty Technician
"*" indicates required fields
Liquids Transloading Ltd., a growing transportation company, recently constructing a state of the art maintenance facility located West of Calmar, Alberta is seeking dedicated, safety conscience Journeyman Heavy Duty Technician to join our team. Safety is a priority and training will be provided to the right candidate.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform general truck /trailer inspections, repair and maintenance functions including but not limited to brakes, tires, suspensions, electrical, hitches, valving, plumbing and tankers.
- Shop housekeeping, may include basic cutting and welding, wash rack duties, organization and cleanliness of shop.
- Promote work place safety and professionalism.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Evening and weekend shifts may be required.
- Class 5 Driver’s license.
- Alberta Vehicle Inspection Technician License.
- Must have tools up to 1 1/2″.
- Technical or pre-employment training and /or trailer repair shop experience related to shop safety, shop work practices, mechanical systems and use of hand and power tools.
- Welding experience an asset.
- Physically fit and of reasonable strength; capable of working outside in all weather conditions if required.
- Ability to pass drug and alcohol testing / physical demands analysis.
Salary: $80,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- mechanical: 1 year (preferred)
- Journeyman Certificate (required)
- Trade Certificate (preferred)
Work Location: One location