Heavy Duty Mechanic Apprentice
"*" indicates required fields
We are looking to hire an 1st or 2nd Year Heavy Duty Mechanic to join our Team!
About BDS Trucking
BDS is a proudly owned family business based in Camrose, Alberta. We have offered hauling, rough terrain picker and crane services, rentals, yard storage and many other services for over 35 years! We have worked in the Oil & Gas industry and diversified our offerings and increased our equipment and staff over the years. We offer the best quality service with the highest levels of safety in the industry. Our mission is to keep your projects moving with exceptional transport and heavy haul service.
- Perform maintenance and repair of heavy trucks and trailers.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance.
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Maintain a clean and tidy personal work area and assist with general cleaning duties in a workshop environment.
- Maintain a record of all work tasks on work orders
- Support and encourage continuous improvement in work practices.
- Mechanic is required to possess their own tools and toolbox.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, WORK EXPERIENCE, SKILLS:
- 1st or 2nd year Apprentice;
- Experience and considerable knowledge of the methods, materials and equipment used in the maintenance and repair of various types of heavy equipment and other power-driven equipment and tools.
- Working knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
- Skilled in the operation of a variety of tools and equipment used in the repair of trucks and heavy equipment.
- Capable of preparing and maintaining accurate records and reports. § Ability to analyze and repair mechanical failures.
- Has a collaborative communication style at all levels of the organization demonstrating an open, honest and consistent approach to working with others.
- Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment screening requirements including drug and alcohol and health assessment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK CONDITIONS:
- Lifting, pulling, climbing, standing, sitting, lying down, squatting and kneeling and managing equipment and tools.
- Must work outside in all different weather conditions, including cold and extreme heat. Work is performed in a repair shop environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00-$30.00 per hour
- Extended health care
- Monday to Friday